Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sibling Week


It used to be "Sisters Weekend."  My three sisters would congregate at Carol's home in Phoenix for a winter getaway. A fews year back they decided to include me and the spouses and it became "Sibling Weekend."  And now with some of the sisters and spouses retired, we have extended it to a week. Two feet of snow will do that.

Six of us grew up in Canandaigua, NY and graduated from Canandaigua Academy in 1965 (3), 1966 (1), 1969 (1) and 1970 (1). 

 
Tom and Don, who married sisters Kendra and Carol, were born in the same hospital about twelve hours apart on February 7 and 8, 19xx. That gave us a good excuse to enjoy several birthday drinks and desserts.


 It wasn't all play however. I had to spend hours supervising Al (Christine's husband) as he re-assembled my tri-bike which I had shipped out to Phoenix for my race next month. (And I would have actually ridden the bike after he finished assembling it, but I forgot my bike shoes.) 

 We did lots of hiking in the mountains around Carol and Tom's house. Some of the guys played golf. I got a chance to run outside in the mountain preserve.

It was great to run without cold-weather gear (even though on my last run somehow I managed to trip on a rock and fall on my face and scrape up my hand.) 

We even went to a couple of matinee movies - "The Fighter" and "The King's Speech."

And next year we are going to spend the week at our timeshare in Kauai.

Our Great Hosts: Tom & Carol

Kendra & Suzanne



Al & Christine



No comments: