Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ricky Byrdsong Race Against Hate - Results


Suzanne got to the race in time to watch the finish, but for the third year in a row managed to miss MY finish, so we had to settle for this sweaty post-race pic instead one of those great finish line photos

 
It was a great day for the race. Cool and overcast, but a little humid. I finished 2nd in my age group with a time of 48:19. The guy who finished first in my age group was three and half minutes ahead of me, so I'm going to have to increase my rate of improvement if I want to catch him before I turn 90.


Here are my times for the last three years:

2009       49:15      7:55 pace
2010       48:48      7:52 pace
2011       48:19      7:44 pace

My goal for the race was 47:59. I ran the first half at a pace of 7:41 and the second half at a 7:46. The fourth mile was my slowest at 8:06 and I finished strong, which was good.

I started training this month with the Evanston Running Club and even though I've only had a couple of workouts with them it definitely helped me prepare for this race. And during the race I shadowed two of the other club members for as long as I could, which helped me to keep my pace steady.

Next race: Evergreen Lakes Olympic Distance Triathlon - Bloomington, IL July 16, 2011

(note: I reposted this because there was a problem with Blogger posting the images to Facebook;)


No comments: