Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Riding a Greyhound Bus into the New World



I noticed a couple of days ago that the link to my short story, "Riding a Greyhound Bus into the New World" did not contain the entire story. I also realized that some of the links are not to the story, but to the publisher's website. Over the next few weeks, to break up the excitement of my training logs, I am going to post those stories here on the blog. 

I decided as an experiment to try and video me reading a story, using my never-before-used webcam.  After attempting this for over an hour, I have a much much greater appreciation for those folks who read stuff in front of camera. Very difficult. You can't go back and correct mistakes like we can do in the writing world. I gave up after six takes.

I made the font on the story really large so I could read it without my glasses, and I tried to look into the camera but I kept losing my place. Also I don't think my nose is as big or my eyebrows as browy as they appear in this video. I blame the camera. And I don't like how that arrow is pasted over my mouth:


1 comment:

Ania Vesenny said...

This is a great lesson with the play arrow right there.

You inspired me to try and record a reading.