Saturday, August 18, 2012

Steelhead 70.3 Ironman - Sunday



A week after I completed the CDA Ironman in June I signed up for the 70.3 Ironman (half the distances) in Benton Harbor, MI.  It seemed like a good idea at the time. I wanted to amortize my long months of training over more than just one race.  So tomorrow I amortize.

I ran this race in 2010 and finished in six hour nine minutes. My goal, as always in these half-Ironmans is to finish in under 6 hours.  So far that hasn't happened because I have usually encountered cramping or fatigue issues on the run. 

My plan is to be out of the water and on the bike in 45 minutes and to be off the bike and on the run by 3:45 (so three hours plus transition time on the bike).  That will leave me with two hours and 15 mintues to finish the run. I should be able to do that. We'll see.  The weather looks great. 

No comments: